Its loosely based on this recipe: Country Quiche. We adjust for a deep dish pie shell, generally store bought and frozen.
- 1 9" deep dish pie shell, unbaked (prick all over with a fork)
- 6 eggs
- Splash of cream, half and half or milk
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1/4 lb bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4-6 oz cheese
- 1-2 cups veggies (whatever's on hand, whatever might be about to go bad)
- (optional) 1 4 oz. can green chilies, drained
Combine eggs, milk and flour. Beat well. Season to taste, and add cheese. Add cooled bacon mixture and any vegetables. Stir well. Pour into pricked pie shell and bake for around 45 minutes, until quiche is set and top is lightly brown.
At this point, I cool it to room temperature, and put it in the fridge. I love cold quiche with a salad and cup of soup. So so good.
Today's combination will be:
bacon, onion, spinach, colby jack, chilies and